Our Warrior's Battle Against CHD

Our Warrior's Battle Against CHD

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Lincoln's appointment today

Today was a great day- my baby boy had an awesome Cardiology appointment! This was our first one with our new cardiologist, and he is exactly what we have been wanting all along. He even won Lincoln over within the first two minutes of the appointment! 

 They did a very thorough Echo ultrasound, and Dr. Chris said his mitral valve looks great, his tricuspid valve is still leaking, but minimally, and doing much better with the new valve. He also said we may not have to replace this valve until he is a teen! That would be such a great gift! 

His bandage came off completely today, and Dr. Chris said his incision looks great and all of his wounds are healing nicely. It takes my breath away every time I see his chest. Lincoln was very distraught over it. He said it is yucky and he doesn't like it. It was devastating to hear him say that.  He has been through so much, and I do hope as it heals and doesn't look so raw, he can be proud of it as a symbol of the tough little dude he is. A scar that tells his story and what a miracle he really is. 

This mom is very excited for no more sponge baths, and he can take a real bath tomorrow! I can hardly wait. We still cannot lift him underneath the arms for two more weeks, but he is doing great! Thank you for your prayers and positivity! Xoxo 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE, love, love Dr. Chris!! I'm not surprised Lincoln loves him, too. I've had mild tricuspid leaking for my entire life, and it hasn't gotten any worse, so hopefully Linc will follow in my footsteps :-)

    So happy to read that he's had a GREAT check up!! I think at the next MLH party, we should all show our scars to show Lincoln how beautiful they are.

    ReplyDelete