Our Warrior's Battle Against CHD

Our Warrior's Battle Against CHD

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Small world (FHC that is...)

I had to post this because we are all connected to so many people, even when we do not know it. Dr. Fitzgerald has been our doctor on the floor all week- his wife works at FH Pediatrics (Kathy Howard) and their daughter is a freshman at FHC. Today, Dr. Stoiko is working (father of Michael, Rachel, and Allisandra) and introduced himself to me as one of Allisandra's favorite teachers. He told me the kids at school are worried and praying for our baby boy as well. Our anesthiologist, Dr. Huntington (Kate's father) who was also in my Honors English class, has come to check on my sweet baby multiple times and helped me to understand some of the drugs Lincoln will be taking. Dr. Laughlin, Tory's dad, also helped in Lincoln's second surgery, and he too has shown compassion and concern every step of the way. We are incredibly blessed to have such good care for Lincoln, but to also have that human connection outside of patient protocol. My sweet boy is getting the star treatment he deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment